If you’ve been accused of a crime in Massachusetts, it is difficult to know what to do next. That’s how you’ve found yourself on the website of a criminal defense lawyer. I know you have many questions and aren’t sure where to turn.
From all the thousands of scared people I’ve talked to in nearly 20 years of practice, I understand that you are nervous. You have many questions and aren’t sure where to turn. But I can help you.
- Am I going to jail? (Probably not.)
- Do I fight the charge? If I fight it, can I win? (In many cases. Yes.)
- Should I just plead guilty if I think I’m guilty? (No, you shouldn’t.)
- How long will it take for my case to be resolved?
- What will happen to me if I am convicted?
- Can I avoid a criminal record and license loss?
- What will it cost to hire an attorney?
These can be complicated questions, but I can answer all of them, with specific answers just for you.
That’s really what I do as a lawyer. I answer questions and help people solve problems.
No one ever expects to be facing a criminal charge, so it is understandable that you don’t know what or who to ask. But now it’s happened to you, and it’s something you can’t avoid dealing with.
I can help you solve your problem. I help people avoid the consequences of a criminal conviction and a permanent criminal record that shows up on a background check.
My name is Russell Matson. I am a Massachusetts criminal defense lawyer who has defended people in every district court in the state. My firm and I have defended clients facing charges ranging from serious felonies such as multiple offense OUI, vehicular homicide, assault with a dangerous weapon, sexual assault, armed robbery, kidnapping, and home invasion.
More typically, my clients are regular folks accused of relatively minor misdemeanor charges such as shoplifting, assault, drug possession, or motor vehicle crimes like leaving the scene of an accident and negligent operation, and everything in between.
I defend a lot of people who receive a criminal citation and are called to appear at a clerk magistrate’s hearing. (I wrote a whole book on how we win cases at those hearings.)
You can see some of my recent case wins here.
- I help regular people, who through bad luck or bad judgment find themselves on the wrong side of the criminal justice system.
- I help regular people who have been treated unfairly and accused of something they didn’t do or maybe just charged with a serious crime that is vastly out of proportion to the facts.
- I help regular people who have made mistakes, and are often deeply sorry and embarrassed about what they did, and want to put their lives back together and move on.
- I help regular people get back on the road after a license loss due to a DUI or other criminal driving charges.
Whatever the circumstances, I can help. As a criminal defense lawyer in Massachusetts, it is my job to challenge the state to prove every element of the charges against you. My role is to defend you and only you. I can be there to help you get you the fair treatment you deserve in court.
How We Defend Our Client’s Rights
Any criminal case comes down to two basic choices. Do we fight the case at a trial, or do we work out a deal for the minimum possible sentence?
The goal in most situations is to avoid a criminal conviction and a criminal record.
So whichever strategy gets us that outcome is the one we will pursue, as well as whatever ultimately aligns with the client’s wishes and best interests. It could be a combination of pushing for a deal that avoids a criminal record, and if that isn’t happening, being prepared to take the case to a jury trial.
Free Consultation on Any Massachusetts Criminal Charge
If you are ready to find out what I can do for you, please call or text me today. I will go over the facts of your case, and let you know exactly what I think your best options are. And if you decide to hire me, I’ll quote you a flat fee for my services. It may be a lot less than you expect.
Either way, there is no obligation for my advice and the benefit of my experience in fixing these matters.
Please contact me today. I can help you get through these legal problems, as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Drop me a line, take advantage of my considerable experience in court on criminal cases, and that of my well-trained and sympathetic staff.
There is a good chance we can help.
I look forward to speaking with you.
The Law Offices of Russell J Matson, PC
44 Adams St, # 5
Braintree, MA 02184
Call or text (781) 817-6332 for a consultation on a Massachusetts Criminal Charge.